We’ve received lots of regards about the Farbrengen of Purim, 1973. According to JEM’s “conservative estimates,” well over 100,000 people experienced the recently-released Purim Farbrengen with the Rebbe. It was a smashing success.
Together, JEM, Vaad Talmidei Hatmimim, Chabad.org, and hundreds of Chabad Houses, schools, Yeshivos, and other Mosdos brought the Rebbe to their families and communities.
- Over 175 communities and Yeshivos held public viewings.
- 240 Chabad Houses posted the 1-hour selection video on their Chabad.org websites.
- Over 35,000 people watched online alone! (check out the comments)
- Thousands more family and private viewings were held across the world in English, Hebrew, French, Spanish and Russian. (And there were Yiddish subtitles, as well!)
- Many cities had multiple public viewings for different audiences and neighborhoods: Yerushalayim had eleven, Toronto and LA each had seven; Montreal had six; London had four and Moscow had three.
- Dozens of groups of Shluchim who live in close proximity to other Shluchim – from Bangkok (where all the Shluchim’s children wore Shabbos clothes to the Farbrengen) to Chicago, Illinois, held special viewings for the Shluchim and their families.
- A special screening of selected Sichos was held on ShluchimExchange in both English and Hebrew.
…and there are many tens of thousands out there who never reported back that they watched or showed the Farbrengen!
A few interesting ones that caught our attention:
- A Yungerman who spent Purim in Gainseville, Florida, said over a Sicha at the Chabad House Purim Seuda. Later, two students approached him and asked, “Didn’t the Rebbe say that point in 1973? We watched the Farbrengen online – but the Rebbe said it with more details that you did!”
- In Buenos Aires, over 800 people watched the video at a series of public viewings for Baalei Batim, the community, elementary and high schools and Yeshivos.
- Beis Rivka girls high-school held a viewing for over 200 girls.
- A Shliach reported to us that he called his three closest Baalei Batim to watch it. They decided that next time, they’d do it for the whole community!
- A Shliach reported that he watched the Farbrengen with his children during their hour-long commute to school.
- Dozens of Lubavitch Yeshivos studied the Farbrengen in-print, and then watched the entire event.
- I personally was invited by a friend in Crown Heights were 35 Yungerlite sat around the table for 4.5 hours, watching the whole full-length Farbrengen
The next Farbrengen in the series, Yud Alef Nissan, 5742, was shipped this week. Even greater numbers are expected to watch that Farbrengen.